The perfect life doesn’t exist!
The Perfect Life… on Social Media
Ok, so why do so many on social media portray their life as perfect?
Why do most rush to post the good stuff and refrain from posting the bad? And why when someone does have the courage to post the bad do the haters have a field day.
I’m sure you’ve seen the hater comments, like…
- Why are they living their life through social media?
- Why are they airing their dirty laundry?
- Nobody wants to see their problems…
Unfortunately, the societal peer pressure pushes social media users to appease the masses. If you put that into perspective the result is very cloudy.
- What is real life if most people only show their storefront on social media, while others are vulnerable and share more?
- How can we wade through the BS and figure out if our life is good, bad, or somewhere in the middle?
- Is is ok to compare social media lives with our own lives or could this cause problems?
I just finished reading Napoleon Hill’s book, Think and Grow Rich and the last chapter has five pages of self-analysis questions that he says should take you at least one full day to answer honestly and completely.
Dialing through these questions put a lot into perspective. As you can imagine, when you really dig deep we all have issues. Nobody is perfect and everyone has lots of room to improve.
So I caution you to enjoy social media but keep your guard up and understand that you probably aren’t getting the whole story.
TUNE IN to the 10 Factor, Episode 79 – Tim Meuchel on Dispelling the Perfect Life Myth of Social Media.
JOIN our 10 Factor Community – become part of the family
- Are you an entrepreneur with kids… who needs help managing time?
- To join The 10 Factor Elite Mastermind Academy
- Drop Tim an email. He’ll reach out to you personally to see if you are a good fit.
Help Support our Show:
- Reviews Do Matter. We love to read our subscribers 5-star reviews on iTunes. Get a bonus thank you if yours gets read on the show.
- iTunes: Subscribe and leave a review
- Spotify: Subscribe and leave a review
- Submit questions or comments – we read and answer questions right on the show.
Connect with Tim:
- Facebook:Â https://www.facebook.com/the10factor/
- Instagram: @TimMeuchel
- LinkedIn:Â https://www.linkedin.com/in/tim-meuchel-270b0b30/
- Twitter: @TimMeuchel
- email: [email protected]