Shifting mindset to leverage strengths and delegate weaknesses can be huge for the number of work hours your business requires. What would you give to have more of your time back and make more money?
Let’s start with a simple warm up series of questions.
- Are you busy or productive?
- When you see social media ads do you scroll past them, or do you find yourself constantly opting in?
- Do you spend your time on results focused tasks?
- Do you prioritize your days and schedule them to make sure they are 100% congruent with your journey and are helping to expedite reaching yourÂ goals?
- Have you ever watched a training multiple times? Or, have you read a book again? Have you watched a speech over and over? Are you mastering or just becoming a jack of all trades and master of none?
Now, here’s some tougher questions…
- How is your mindset – your confidence and clarity?
- Do you know exactly where you are heading and do you know exactly the steps to get there?
- Are you following those steps or working randomly?
- Are you willing to do what it takes to achieve the shiny object so many people dream about but never make reality?
Why the questions?
Basically, you are testing to see if you are FOCUSED? Because if you are struggling with focus everything else becomes cloudy and less clear. This means you will be wasting valuable time and money which nobody wants to do…
So, if you areÂ struggling with focus I’d suggest you start there. Fix the focus and build your strong foundation first then get intoÂ everything else. Remember everything begins with focus which is why Focus is the first step in The 10 Factor.
Paradigm Mindset Shift
Here’s a simple process to help take your mindset through a paradigm shift to what really matters to you. This exercise can be huge for your business as you’ve just done some basic deep thinking about where you want to be.
Obviously you can go much deeper but this will give you a good jump start.
- List the ten activities you spend the most time on every week. This might seem like a lot but I bet you are handling a lot more than ten things each week. These might be things like time with clients,Â drive the kids to school, church, sales calls, clerical paperwork, cutting the grass, exercise.
- Number the activities from 1 to 10 with 1 being the one you enjoy the most and 10 the least.
- Rewrite your list in order, starting with 1 and finishing with 10. Your favorite activities will now be at the top of your new list. You’ll come back to this later so don’t throw this one away.
- Now, put an R next to anyÂ activities that drive revenue.Â Hopefully you’ll be able to put an R next to at least 3 of the 10 activities.
- Next, create a new list of only revenue driving activities.
- Number these activities in order from the ones you enjoy the most to the ones you enjoy the least.
- Rewrite the list in order starting withÂ number 1 so your favoriteÂ revenue driving activity is at the top.
- Now, circle the activity that drives the most revenue. WeÂ are working towards where you should be spending your time.
- If that is the top activity you are ready to roll and should be making plans to double down and scale here. You can follow the steps of The 10 Factor to shed the load and scale.
- If the circled activity isn’t at the top of your list this is a potential scaling activity too; but you will likely want to lean harder on delegating. You should think about completing systemizing this activity so it’s not branded just to youÂ handling it. Then you should make plans to delegate as soon as you can andÂ free up more time for your favorite activities. It’s important to delegate because if it’s not as enjoyable to you it will be hard to sustain long-term.
The next step is laying out your unique roadmap and follow the plan to make it happen. This is all spelled out in The 10 Factor.
TUNE IN to the 10 Factor, Episode 75 – Tim Meuchel on Shifting Mindset to Leverage Strengths and Delegate Weaknesses.
JOIN our 10 Factor Community – become part of the family
- Are you an entrepreneur with kids… who needs help managing time?
- To join The 10 Factor Elite Mastermind Academy
- Drop Tim an email. He’ll reach out to you personally to see if you are a good fit.
Help Support our Show:
- Reviews Do Matter. We love to read our subscribers 5-star reviews on iTunes. Get a bonus thank you if yours gets read on the show.
- iTunes: Subscribe and leave a review
- Spotify: Subscribe and leave a review
- Submit questions or comments – we read and answer questions right on the show.
Connect with Tim:
- Facebook:Â https://www.facebook.com/the10factor/
- Instagram: @TimMeuchel
- LinkedIn:Â https://www.linkedin.com/in/tim-meuchel-270b0b30/
- Twitter: @TimMeuchel
- email: [email protected]