We talk regularly about the power of video and overcoming fear to get started. What do you think would happen to your business after 1.5 million video views?
In this episode of theÂ 10 Factor guest Lisa Niver takes us back to the beginning when she bought her first camera and edited her first video.
A Little About Lisa:
Flash forward to today and after exploring 99 countries and sailing for seven years on the high seas, Lisa Niver is ready for more active adventures! She was a winner in the 59th annual 2017 Southern California Journalism Awards for her print column in The Jewish Journal. See her on KTLA TV talking about travel and find her We Said Go TravelÂ videos with over 1.5 million views on Roku, Amazon Fire TV and YouTube. Her stories include Dutch designer villas for Luxury Magazine, interviewing Fabien Cousteau for Delta Sky, skiing with the blind for Sierra and WWII for Saturday Evening Post and Smithsonian. She is verified on both Twitter and Facebook and is the Adventure Correspondent for The Jet Set TV. Her latest projects are 50 new things before she is 50 and Facebook Live for USA Today 10 best.Â She has run 13 Travel Writing Awards publishing nearly 2000 writers from 75 countriesÂ and the first We Said Go Travel Photo Competition had over 500 entries. We Said Go Travel was read in 222 countries in 2017.
In this episode of The 10 Factor find out:
- Where Lisa went for her first video editing lesson. You’ll never guess…
- What it was like when Lisa only garnered about 100 views on her videos.
- How Lisa’s history books came to life.
- The importance of developing your own style.
- When and why Lisa decided to hire a media coach.
- The “F” word that you have to use when traveling.
- Tips that will help if you are new to video and even if you leverage video regularly.
Connect with Lisa Niver:
- Also find Lisa at WeSaidGoTravel on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram,Â and Pinterest.
JOIN our Community – become part of the family
- Visit us atÂ the10factor.com
- To find out more and apply drop Tim an email. He’ll reach out to you personally to see if you are a good fit.
Help Support our Show:
- Reviews Do Matter. We love to read our subscribers 5-star reviews on iTunes. Get a bonus thank you if yours gets read on the show.
- Join us on iTunes to *subscribe* and leave a 5-star review
- Join us on Stitcher to *subscribe* and leave a 5-star review
- Submit questions or comments – we read and answer questions right on the show.
Connect with Tim:
- Facebook:Â https://www.facebook.com/the10factor/
- Instagram: @TimMeuchel
- Twitter: @TimMeuchel
- email: [email protected]
Upcoming Episodes and Guests:
- SubscribeÂ today so you don’t miss any of our weekly episodes.
- 039 – Marcus Aurelius Anderson on the Gift of Adversity
- 040 – Dr. Jen Faber on The 90 Day Life: How to Live More in 3 Months Than You Have in 3 Years
- 041 – Roger Ramsukh on Moving Past Setbacks and Overcoming Self-Imposed Limits
- 042 – Cynthia Bazin on If You Want to be Extraordinary, You Must Stop Being Ordinary
– – -Â
UNTIL NEXT TIME: Tim Meuchel – The 10 Factor, signing off